Monday, November 10, 2008

Emotional Beast of Burden

Emotional Beast of Burden

Emotional pain is enduring…
It is the seed of depression
It is the root of unhappiness
It is the darkness that smothers the light
It is the hand that grips the throat where the song wants to sing
It is here in the midst of my heart
Cold and heavy metastasizing into my soul
It is here slowing my heart’s rhythm and fading my pulse
It is here for my life blood
Thirsty and unyielding…
It demands a liquid sacrifice before it returns to its slumber
But all I have to serve is a goblet full of fermented tears
Aged and robust with feelings of
regret, fear, defeat and despair
It drinks its fill and shrieks “not enough!”
It will not die until it feeds upon my eternal joy and gladness
And extinguishes the faith-fueled fire of my smile


Tara S. Gause aka Poetic Goddess Tara Shenéa
© 2008. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: