Sunday, October 26, 2008

Braving the Storm


Braving the Storm

My beloved dream is losing steam
Teeter-tottering…
Faltering on the balance beam
I yearn for its manifestation
So I must grasp the reins of control
And steer it away from its plummet towards the soil
But I am weak and the future seems bleak
Nothing is working out as planned
I feel out of the palm of God’s hand
I’m swaying in the middle of this tumultuous storm
Trying to stay warm
Soaking wet as I fret
Suffering in the freeze of the breeze
I shudder and fall to my knees
And fervently pray for the existence of my dream
That I must achieve,
That I must believe I will receive
But as the clouds crowd
The thunder rings aloud
I can’t see the silver lining above
Can’t feel the sunray warmth of God’s love
Fatigue and Fear coax me into retreat
It seems I’m headed for defeat
So I look to the hills and listen for that still small voice to speak
“Have you come this far for naught?”
Tried and teary-eyed
– I stand tall –
I can’t give up!




Tara S. Gause aka Poetic Goddess Tara Shenéa
© 2008. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: