Sunday, May 24, 2009

It Is Written...

It Is Written…

I want to write a song about a love so true
Scribble a lyrical feeling involving all that love can do
I want to write a dissertation of a world that makes one want to wake up tomorrow
To beam a smile that is genuine, joyous, and lacks sorrow

I want to write a verse that will empower and take the pain away
A psalm of strength to pray on a tested day
When I am tried in the fire and feeling the burn
When I am at the crossroads of life and don’t know which way to turn

I want to write a poem that resurrects the dead inside
A scribe that breathes life into a soul and revives
I want to write a stanza that will hug a spirit when it is down
A piece that will dam the flood of tears saturating the ground

I want to write a letter to tell how God so loved creation
An epistle in every dialect to convey to every nation
I want to write it but such has already been written
So I’ll just read the Bible instead and receive what The Father has given



Tara S. Gause aka Poetic Goddess Tara Shenéa
© 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: