Thursday, May 22, 2008

The S.S. Inspiration

The S.S. Inspiration

This beautiful maiden trapped upon a desolate isle
Perched atop a cliff reflecting on this gift and watching
and waiting for my cargo ship the - S.S. Inspiration
It’s my only salvation that Soul Speak inspiration
Got me waiting…and waiting…
Concentrating…
As I watch the sea with glee no trace I see
But I feel it’s there
Behind the glare of the Sun
We are apart yet we are one
As I stand, I am grand, pen in hand
As I write across the sky and
command the wind to increase
and the Heavens to cry and release
Upon the Earth and give birth
to lyrical sustenance to sustain my poetic thirst
A writer’s curse
The worse
Got me waiting…and waiting…
Concentrating…
As I watch the sea with glee no trace I see
But I just know it’s there
Beyond the furthest wave
I S.O.S. upon the shore’s page
This vessel of peace I fervently seek
Set adrift the sea of Me
Soul Speak has my coordinates and can only retrieve and free
Can only release…
I’m ready to go
I’m ready to flow
Rhythmically in rhyme
Emphatically in prose
Speak once again via my reticent soul
To express and prevail
I’m yearning to poetically exhale
I’m waiting to make bail from this sandy jail
This writer’s Hell!
I…
I…
I think I see the sail…



Tara S. Gause aka Poetic Goddess Tara Shenéa
© 2008.
All Rights Reserved.

No comments: