Sunday, January 14, 2007

THE L WORD

Damn this Brutha got me gone
Like something I’ve never known
I’m stoned!
That’s right; I’m high just off the entrance of his image in my mind
Divine – this man is SO
I don’t know – can’t put it all to words
It’s absurd, because I know him – but I don’t
Fear of the unknown tells me to abandon this – but I won’t
Because this passion endures, it is immortal and intertwined with my soul
Imprisoned – I am, and it is my warden
Refusing to release me until my will to fight the feeling is broken

As our new beginning unfolds, I’ll know then and only then if his heart for me is true
No need to question my own intentions because I want to be his everything
even if he says “I want to be nothing with you”

I feel out of control and I struggle to maintain my composure
As the vision of our lovemaking plays out it my mind – over, and over, and over
It is my favorite film with him as the leading man and I as the best supporting actress
A classic
Our performance together is a force to be reckoned with
A seamless entity we become where I don’t know where he stops and I begin

Incredible is what he is to me
Irreplaceable to him is what I aspire to be

I am consumed with the four-letter L-word
It is alive within me, ablaze, complex, and robust But the question I ponder at this very moment is “What am I actually feeling for this man – is it Love or is it Lust?”




Tara S. Gause aka Poetic Goddess Tara Shenéa
© 2007. All Rights Reserved.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: